I hope you are having a lovely week, despite this bitter cold weather we are having!
I thought today I'd share a recipe with you. I take no claim in inventing the recipe (it's from the Tesco Real Food website) but I made it for tea this week, and the mister said that it tasted like Wagamamas! So it was a definite hit! And I think it will be a definite hit with you too, as it warms you through-and-through and tastes very luxurious (although it's a cinch to make!)
Click here for the recipe or read below:
Thai Red Chicken Curry:
1tbsp vegetable oil
500g (1lb 2oz) skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
2tsp fresh ginger, grated (or use ready-prepared)
400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
1 chicken stock cube, dissolved in 150ml (¼ pint) hot water
2tbsp Thai red curry paste
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the chicken. Cook the chicken until it's browned.
- Add the onion and the garlic, and cook for a further two minutes.
- Add the red pepper, ginger, coconut milk, chicken stock and red curry paste. Mix together.
- Stir in the soy sauce.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles!
Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the end result as we were too busy tucking into our tea! However, I can verify that it looked exactly like the picture off the Tesco Real Food website!
I hope you enjoy making this dish, it's really easy to do!