Saturday 24 September 2011

The silver screen.

As a great fan of reading, I have mixed feelings when a beloved, treasured book becomes a film. I get all excited in the hopes that the film will be just as amazing as the book but then I get all disappointed when I feel the actors are miscast or that the film hasn't stayed true to the book - because really, the people most interested in watching the film are the ones who have actually read the novel. This boggles my mind about film producers, it really does.

Anyway, you will be happy to know that I have been pleasantly surprised, infact I was overjoyed when I went to see Jane Eyre at the cinema recently as it was absolutely brilliant (many of you might realise this is one of my favourite books ever, I even dared to say it was my favourite book of all time when I finished reading it...which for me is a huge thing). Excellently cast, beautifully filmed. Words cannot describe how much I loved it. So, to all those who might be reading; if you are a fan of period dramas/literary classics becoming motion pictures then I highly recommend this film.


A few more films on my 'watchlist' are Sherlock Holmes 2 and The Three Musketeers. I loved the first Sherlock Holmes with all the witty, fast-talking banter between Holmes and Watson and can't wait for more of it. The Three Musketeers, well...it has Orlando Bloom in it....and that dude who played Mr Darcy in the Pride and Prejudice with Kiera Knightley (which will never replace the BBC Pride and Prejudice which lives deep inside my heart). Yes, it doesn't look too serious and the wig on one of the boys looks pretty atrocious, but who can say "no" to swashbuckling, family-fun action!? Not me!


No comments:

Post a Comment